news

Look at the design page for info on the plywood velomobile construction.

Monday 30 July 2012

Jig saw puzzle connection !

paper model
I think have found a new way to make (or approximate) compound curved shapes with flat sheet. Plywood material is flexible and can be deformed to a compound curvature. On my computer I have modelled a spherical wheel cover consisting of 7 pieces. They will be connected with jig saw puzzle joints. I have deformed the piece on the computer to a flat plate. The picture shows a paper model. I hope to present a model in plywood soon. The jig saw puzzle joint can be produced easily with laser cutting machines and I expect the assembling with some glue is easy too.
Easy connecting with the jig saw puzzle connection. The curved sides will deform the flat plate into a sphere segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment